Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Company Wide Extremely Significant - mtfedup

Posted: Aug 15th, 2016 - 3:58 pm In Reply to: Well, this did not help my state of mind - sm

I have worked for them since April 2014 and am still employed full time with benefits. I worked for a smaller company from 2002 through April 2014 when Nuance bought the company and hired me as an employee. I handled the same account since 2003. One of the doctors insisted only I type his reports (and no one wanted to do his reports) so he was my exclusive until a few weeks ago. I was told he went with another transcription service. Prior to Nuance, I worked for him and the other two doctors in his office. The other two were taken away as my exclusives but my doctor saw more and more patients and I was kept busy. I kept getting new accounts (less pay, less familiarity) but I am really good at this, so I did okay. I was doing amazing ($50,000+) but with the constant changes only $44,000 for the year and $40,000 the next year. Fast forward to this year. I still made some okay paychecks. I had sometimes earned $1,400 in one week and this year that changed to $1,400 for two weeks. The past four weeks, I have earned $400.00 per week and even less but had some PTO to use. They always led me to believe the "changes" would eventually stop and we would settle into some routine. Instead, it appears from this website that they have sent MOST OF OUR WORK to India. I am beside myself. I would say until the past 4 weeks, I was OOW maybe around Christmas and that was it. I have been OOW constantly. The new account they put me on has the WORST sound quality I have EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. It sounded like the doctor was on a construction site. I do believe when companies move out of the state or the country that they lay their employees off, which is very difficult but it is NOTHING LIKE WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO US NOW. They truly are "starving us out" and it is appalling. I have no idea about you but I always went the extra mile to help with their overtime projects, if my doctor dictated 3 days worth of dictation to meet TAT, etc. I put up with a lot of bull, which I probably should not have but I had some personal things going on and could not think of changing jobs as well. As I started to say, when a company no longer needs a full time employee, they lay them off. We are not even getting that from this company. I want my job and my health benefits. However, if they do not have work, an unemployment check is at least stable for a few months and gives us the opportunity to find something else. I know I paid into it since August 2014 with them as well as disability and family leave. Also, I still have no clue how my pay is down as much as it is. I still have the same skills and may be a bit slower but something seems off with something. Could my line count actually be cut in half? Keep us posted as to what you do and thank you from the bottom of my heart that you tried. If the company were doing poorly, that would be one thing. If they sent our work overseas and are actually just letting us go through this without doing even unemployment, it is too much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)