Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

WAV pedal connectivity - MoQSwan

Posted: Jul 26th, 2016 - 5:57 am

Here's the issue (I'll be as brief as possible). When I switched to Windows 8 (touch screen), the program provided by my employer turned out to not be compatible with my WAV pedal that had a USB connection at the end; the "fix" was to use an older WAV pedal with a 15 pin joystick port and an adapter connecting the 15 pin port to a USB plug (I'm not sure why a direct USB plug would not work, but...)  I've been using this foot pedal for a year now and started having issues with the port losing connection. I was able to order to a new adapter on Amazon and it is set to be delivered by 8:00 p.m. this evening.  In the interim, a spring came flying out of my foot pedal so I opened it up with a Phillips screwdriver, replaced the spring, and closed it back up.  But I can't seem to find anything showing what the pedal should look like on the inside in case any wires came loose during the process. Prior to the spring popping out, the footpedal had been making connection for periods at a time but now it is not connecting at all so I also ordered a replacement 15-pin WAV pedal.  There used to be a free program that allowed me to test my connection (I thought it was FPT or something similar but cannot find it and everything I do find seems to relate to ExpressScribe and that is not the program my employer uses (I work remotely - they are located in a different state). Although I type in excess of 120 WPM, using hotkeys is slowing me down IMMENSELY to the point I am only averaging about $6.00/hour versus $15-$23, so to say it has been maddening is an understatement. The company I work for has EXCELLENT tech support but can only do so much - does anyone have any helpful suggestions?  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)