Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 54)

Threat of schedule changes = pet peeve o' mine - Anne

Posted: Jul 25th, 2016 - 3:36 pm

I'm tired of the emails requesting people to change their schedules, add more hours to a weekend, and I'm really tired of the "threat" that there will mandatory changes if not enough people volunteer.   It took me years to finally get my schedule where I need it to be for my family and for my sanity.  I worked Christmas Day last year with no complaint, and this year I actually have it off just by default in my schedule.   I have the ability to go away for a couple of days in a row with my family the way my schedule is now without having to HOPE for an unpaid leave request to go through.  I'm not changing that, because they aren't putting new hires into the positions they need filled.  That's what happens when you get a new job.  You fill the positions that are open.  Maybe they don't have many new hires.  Who knows.  I'm just tired of the "we don't have enough coverage" on this day or that when honestly, from one week to the next, that ALL changes.  They go and make people change their schedule, and then before you know it, your original hours (the ones you loved so much and didn't want to change) are the ones short on coverage and someone else gets them.  Stop creating a work environment people want to flee from, creating gaps in your coverage!!  Just a suggestion.  Leave us be.  Treat us right.  Maybe we'll work extra when the need arises without feeling so bitter about it.  Either way, hire people for the hours you need coverage.  I have plenty of work for my shifts now.  I'm not budging.  While I'm at it with the suggestions:  Just let us go from our shift when the work is low if we don't mind doing that.  What the heck do YOU care if we aren't getting paid??  It'd be different if the work was in abdundance at some other time, but that wasn't the case these past several months of PTO.  We were just short work all around, and you insisted on punishing us by taking our PTO or unpaid time and/or making us try to scrape work up to make up time when it simply didn't exist or forcing us to step on our fellow coworkers hours, creating a horrific cycle of schedule insanity.  Whether any of that is illegal or not, I don't know, but it's absolutely unethical and not the way to retain happy employees.   Emails about schedule changes really get me fired up!!!  Sorry.  Frown  I am very protective of the time I have with family.  

Rant over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)