Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

cats in a sack... - nickMT

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2016 - 6:50 am In Reply to: MT Profession - Jilldoor

...and the martyrdom, that has got to go. "we will do anything and everything, only please, do not pay us - we want to do it for nothing because we just are not worth anymore"

there has got to be a man somewhere behind that too because sometimes I think they enjoy watching us all squabble and fight amongst each other; it keeps labor cheap because women worry too much about petty stuff and have no loyalty to each other.

What happened to Medical Transcription is on us...

Remember about 15 years ago when these practices started, a handful of us where talking unionizing or at least everyone standing together, and the majority wanted NONE of it. If you could go back and read posts, I swear, the attitude was, well we have what we want and do not want anyone else to have it.

Working in the hospital back as a clerk in the 90s, the union was fighting for our healthcare, and at that time, mostly the women working were (and this is a fact) only there for an extra paycheck - they had husbands supporting them with full benefits. So when it came time for us to vote on that, at the time there were only a few of us single women working, the married women voted it right out because they did not need the benefits. They cared nothing about those of us that did, and it would not have affected them in any negative way whatsoever.

That whole mentality, I have seen it over and over. My own mother is like that, she would work for nothing if anyone would let her. I just do not get why there are so many women out there who do not respect themselves or the work they do, that it is important.

Watch men: They fight at work, can yell and scream at each other. Then at 5 o'clock, they all hit the basketball court or go have a drink, and that is it, job over for the day.

Watch women (a lot anyway): They get along at work (only because they are behind each others back), smile and be nice. Then at 5 o'clock, they take the job home with them, are miserable to their spouses or children, and even take work home with them that they will not be compensated for.

Of course, because I used to stand up for myself, I have always been targeted at office jobs. That is why I loved working at home so much, if for any other reason, just because i did not have to deal with women in the office.

Why are there so many women like that. It is so self-defeating...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)