Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I get your point - beginning of the end

Posted: Jul 16th, 2016 - 7:10 am In Reply to: Production pay was the BEGINING OF THE END. - MT

Yes, production pay was the beginning of the end ...BUT it was also the means by which many of us earned quite a respectable living and were able to have financial independence that was unimaginable beforehand. I could control my earnings; if I wanted something really badly, I just worked harder or more hours. It's a double-edged sword, really. I remember my father looking at one of my MT-on-production paychecks and being astonished that I could earn that much, not being limited to an hourly non-negotiable wage. Being able to work from home was the icing on the cake; I was the envy of all my friends.

In the end, it didn't work out so well, but I had 20 great years. For me, it was worth it, and I wish it had continued.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)