Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Production pay was the BEGINING OF THE END. - MT

Posted: Jul 15th, 2016 - 9:20 pm In Reply to: I don't know why MT was ever considered - MT

In 1999 I went to work for a local hospital. My first week on the job, I was told by my coworkers that one of the hospital administrators was "chomping at the bit" to get rid of all the MTs. SHE was instrumental at getting us on production pay. The next step, of course, was isolating us from the doctors as though we were lepers. NO CONTACT, whereas before we could freely just walk over and ask them questions if necessary. You KNOW what came next: We were sent home to work! She ultimately got her wish: They ultimately got rid of ALL MTs, including MR MTs. (I had worked in radiology.)

TODAY, that hospital is owned by an outside company (based in another city). Why? Because when they axed all the MTs, they spent over a BILLION on installation of EPIC. They flew in trainers who amassed large hotel bills. The hospital was BLEEDING RED! It was BROKE and had to be SOLD because it wasn't viable any longer.

That is one EPIC failure!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)