Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 30)

Contract scenario - anyone?

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 11:11 pm

Okay, you're an IC, you decide to scrap the account, but you're a straight-up person, so you give notice.

Somewhere in the interim, you're offered a new IC position. Can a contract stipulate that their offer will hold until a certain date? So that you don't end up leaving a job and not having a new one?  Companies usually want you to start right away.  How do you solve the 2-week notice phase?

This scenario happened to me once before and I'm not anxious for history to repeat itself.  However, I can't imagine any company putting anything in writing that will benefit me and not them.  Most companies will not even provide you a contract with their signature on it.  Interestingly, if their signature isn't on it, is it still a contract?

After over 15 years as an employee in this field, I suddenly find myself in IC waters, and I'm not that good a swimmer.  Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)