Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It takes two to tango - MT and QA

Posted: Jun 28th, 2016 - 6:03 pm In Reply to: Point Made - MT

I do both MT and QA at my company - we don't have anyone who does only QA.

As a QA, I see MTs who read and act on every single piece of feedback they are sent by the QA team. They might not get it right every single time but you can see them learning, adjusting their work and making smart, researched guesses and seeking clarification rather than blanking everything and expecting QA to spoon feed them. Once they have expreience, these MTs don't send much to QA unless it's a difficult dictator.

On the flipside, I see MTs (new and experienced) who use QA as their personal research service and send far too much to QA. Not only do their reports look like swiss cheese, they are the ones who tend to make errors that impact patient care, like not flagging 200mg vs 300mg drug dosages for the doctor if the audio isn't clear and either is an option.

Just today I've had someone send multiple files with blanks they could have filled in by either checking a prior letter on the same patient or googling the exact words around the blank or their guessed words and Google would have told them the exact correct words. That's not using QA as a tool, that's just laziness.

I've seen MTs ignore feedback to the point where we've resorted a handful of times to leaving a "code word" in their feedback with the request to email the team leader with said code word to confirm they are reading it. The code word is emailed back about 50% of the time.

We can explain ourselves in a multitude of ways and provide countless references but you can't make anyone understand anything if they refuse to take it on board. Even speaking via Skype and screen sharing to go through things step by step instead of relying on text and static images doesn't always work. But of course, any deficiency MUST be the fault of the QA for not making the MT understand. Give me a break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)