Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

NEVER guess - Miracle MT

Posted: Jun 28th, 2016 - 5:49 am In Reply to: Miracle MT - "Aderpine" - BeesKnees

Yep, I slowed it down, but this NP spoke clearly. Being unclear was not the problem. The problem is her lack of education and inability to learn how to say common medication names.

YOU would put amlodipine, but I wouldn't. Aderpine is not even close to amlodipine....and being that new medications DO appear on the market quit frequently... you don't know for sure if she meant amlodipine or not. To me, aderpine is closer to Adderall than to amlodipine. You should never be assuming things or guessing things on a medical report...no matter how many years experience you have.

You would have been in BIG trouble if you wrote amlodipine and she meant Adderall or something else. You could have cost the patient his/her life with your guessing and assuming. NEVER GUESS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)