Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Miracle MT - "Aderpine" - BeesKnees

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 9:21 pm In Reply to: You have to read this story- What would you have done? - Miracle MT

I would have used "Amlodipine" after seeing it in the patient's chart. The "A" "d" and "pine(peen)" sounds are close enough to make me confident that that is what she was saying. Over 30+ years of doing transcription I have heard just about every accent,dialect, poor pronunciation, people eating while dictating, etc. etc. that nothing surprises me any more. If the NP had repeatedly said something like "Adderall" then I would not have put "Amlodipine" into the transcribed document, but when I'm confident enough that I've heard something then I will use it. Did you try slowing the dictation down and listening to it that way - you might have heard some extra sounds that she was speaking too quickly to be heard at normal speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)