Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 48)

SECOND GUESSING - NOMAN

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 4:17 pm In Reply to: So, as a supervisor you fought with the service - KTMT

The administrators at my facility do not care about verbatim. I have had this discussion with three of the managers to whom I reported in 10 years at this facility. Bottom line is, it is cheaper to outsource overseas. I complain constantly about quality. We just had a quarterly business review with our vendor representative who promised things will be changing. He is new to the business, and I think he is actually going to try to make a change. However, I have heard this for years.

When looking at the posts in this section, I am amazed at how few errors are allowed before you can be fired. I can guarantee you that I sometimes find as many as 10 errors in reports, not always major, but 10 errors in one report is a lot. All I am told is that the trancriptionist will be notified. I don't think anyone in India is ever notified, otherwise no one would be transcribing. I asked about their training, and did not get a straight answer. I have told the vendor to never use me as a reference for their product, because I will not lie.

I transcribed for over 30 years, I was certified. I was always taught to edit reports to make them sound decent and to use common sense. I never would second guess a medication, however. I currently have access to patient charts, so when I get reports back with blanks I can check the medications.

I, too, only have a high school education, but my grammar is better than many of the providers dictating. Indian transcriptionts do not edit very well. They do not understand context, voice inflection, or a provider changing his mind. If they do understand these things, they never send the report to my team to check it out.

I also agree with your comments on AHDI. I let my certification lapse because I believe the transcription services are running AHDI and I no longer agree with their point of view.

I hope to be retiring in the next year. I hate seeing all of the errors, and I shudder to think of reports that have gone into the chart without anyone ever seeing them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)