Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Old school versus "new" school - Not Giving Up

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 1:03 pm In Reply to: I agree with your boss. I know that the trend in MT - KTMT

If any MT is not sure of something the QA should be happy to listen and decide what it should be. If an incorrect med was transcribed then it would be a "critical error." I was working for a company that we had to put the CC at the bottom. The very difficult Indian had said a name for the CC. I looked at a previous report and it was "close" but I decided to put that since it was in a previous report that should be considered "correct." Well, guess what? It was wrong and I had a "critical error." I was told if I had two more I would be terminated. I had owned my own small MT company and if a copy needed to be sent I could call the medical record department and they would look it up in the chart to make sure it would be sent to the right place. TransPortal had been contracted to do my doctors (and they were NOT doing a good job). I was fired after telling them things they were doing wrong. I had transcribed for these doctors for 12 years. I also refused to send a copy to anyone as it should not be a transcriptionist's job. Not to mention how time consuming that is that we are obviously not getting paid for. TransPortal only had the contract for a year and then lost it. Right now I am working for a lady who has her own MT company and doing only one doctor (which is certainly an advantage rather than being in "a pool" and hearing so many different doctors). Right now at the ripe old age of 66 I decided that I am taking the MT course with Career Step. I have never been certified and I have no experience in acute care. My goal is to have an MT business again and give MTs the opportunity to use their skills and not be treated like idiots. As far as the MT saying "we are allowed to think" - what happens if you are not sure and need help to make sure if something is right or wrong. If something is "critical" then just "thinking" and not sure is not a matter of having confidence. It is a matter of being efficient and doing a good job and this should be appreciated by any boss, which I always was when any of my transcriptionists asked for help to make sure they did it right. I have worked for several other companies and the QAs are power-struck. They should be happy to help, not belittle, threaten and nitpick. I know for a fact that I had been criticized for things that I was not wrong - the QA was. They should be mentoring and not more concerned about how high their positions are (and, of course the QA is ALWAYS RIGHT!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)