Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

SECOND GUESSING - NOMAN

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 12:30 pm In Reply to: I agree with your boss - noname

I am a transcription supervisor in a large healthcare facility where all work is outsourced, 90% of it to India. I fight every day with the transcription service over stupid things in reports, just common sense things, not necessarily medications. It got to the point that I called the customer manager and asked her why the transcriptionists did not use common sense when transcribing. She told me that they were not allowed to use common sense, that we had a verbatim account. I was flabbergasted. So my question to your superviser is this, if transcription is verbatim, why would you tell me to "assume" about a medication that was incorrectly dictated. Based on "verbatim" it should have been typed as the provider dictated or blanked. I think you did the correct thing to blank the medication.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)