Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I RESPECT those ladies! - OldTimer

Posted: Jun 26th, 2016 - 7:47 pm In Reply to: What happened at UPMC in Pittsburgh in 2013 - Ex-NTMT

I hate to admit it, but 30 years in the biz showed me that MTs, while smarter than the average Joe, are generally passive individuals. I saw it time and time again over the years, trying to motivate MTs who sat around and beached all day about how management was mistreating us but refused to get up off their duffs and either take the complaint somewhere where it would mean something or do ANYTHING to improve our collective situation. NOPE, beaching was all they wanted to do!

These ladies in PA were in the EXACT same situation we were in: Outsourced department, offered a "job" with the outsourcing company so no UE benefits or severance package. It was shameful, and we were furious! I tried to organize a protest so we could get some media coverage, but NOPE! Beaching was more fun. (Some of those ladies just retired due to their age, so it wasn't like they were worried that their protesting would hurt them at future job interview.)

The ladies in PA did have the support of a union. I wonder if they have protested on their own sans that support?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)