Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I am that MTSO - noname

Posted: Jun 25th, 2016 - 1:32 pm In Reply to: Yes, I think that's the point. - sm

Just a quick post. I am tired of getting bashed, but no I do not believe that I mismanaged my company. Over the years, I had direct accounts but I also offered the larger MTSOs help with overflow. However, with the acquisition of every company who I was getting overflow from over the past 3 years by larger MTSOs, (and then them sending 99% of the work overseas not needing my US-based services), small hospital accounts going EMR and large hospital accounts deciding to go with larger MTSOs with more technical offerings and quoting a rate per line that was lower than I would offer to pay an MT let alone CHARGE as a line rate, I have been forced to close my doors. The only reason I did not do it months ago was because I had been strung along by the N with them making me believe a contract was going to be offered and I had hope that I could stay in business. I did not go out of business because of the N but I finally closed my doors because of the changes in the industry and being undercut by the big guys, forcing us little guys out of business. The only thing the N did for me was give me hope that I could possibly stay afloat but I hung on as long as I could and just could not do it anymore. I am sure that I am not the only MTSO with this story - forced out by larger companies because I just cannot compete but also because of the EMR mandate. This industry has slowly deteriorated to the point where it is so hard to make a living. It is dying a slow, painful death.

Thanks for letting me tell my story but I will not post my name because I am tired of getting beat up - the larger companies have done that to me for the past few years and I do not need to get beat up by the MTs now for doing nothing wrong.

I wish you all the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)