Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Totally different environment - Happy now

Posted: Jun 25th, 2016 - 1:29 am In Reply to: Getting a job in a hospital....best move I ever made! - Happy now

It is so much easier to work in-house. Instead of transcribing for countless physicians and countless facilities with their countless account specs, I only have to focus on a one facility with 10-15 regular dictators. I also have co-workers sitting next to me who are more than willing to do a second listen for me, if I can't understand what is being said. The problem with companies like Nuance, is that they are providing a service to a customer. They are so afraid of losing their contracts that they've turned the working environment into a sweat shop for their employees. Because working on-site for a hospital involves no contracts, none of that pressure exists. The employees work together as a team to get the work done. When the work runs out, there is other paperwork that can be done to fill the time, as we are paid hourly. Getting dressed every morning and driving to work is not as convenient as working at home, but believe me, it is well worth the effort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)