Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Agree with Furious! - Furious as well

Posted: Jun 24th, 2016 - 5:28 pm In Reply to: Cherry Picking is Okay in my eyes - Furious MT

I work on an account where certain dictators accompany their slurry slop with background noise, as well, From chewing, crunching, timers going off, phones ringing, paging, and music loudly playing I dump these right back into the pool. I could very easily leave 1,000 blanks for QA but I know what that would get me and I can't take that risk. This is on VR no less, and the pay for that is even more crappy when it comes to listening to ESLs and others who you can tell are just flying through the reports because they really do not want to be taking the time to dictate at all. They think we are truly machines and no matter how they dictate "the service will be provided." Isn't it strange, though, that when I check my pool after giving some of these reports back, that I see them reappear again and again, so others are finding them just as frustrating and nerve wracking to try to accomplish. However, I also note that when I do attempt a horrible dictator and send a report in to QA that looks like Swiss cheese, they have every single blank filled in. I have always believed that the QA people have a much better audio on their end that can probably filter out background noise, and bring to the surface voice audio that is perfect to hear. It has to be so, because there have been instances where there is no way possible QA could have understood some of what I have not been able to. Also, I have picked up reports that were dumped by someone else (which I can tell by the TAT) and have had no problem completing them. We all have "an specific ear" for sounds and voices and what may not be clear to me is easily understood by another MT, and vice versa. So, yes, I cherry pick, not to extremes, but when I get a dictator whose voice cuts through my ears, into my head, badly enough to make me nauseous, I dump it quick. So for you high and mighty MTs out there who think we are cheating, too bad! If you think so little of yourself and the job you do, which can be totally ruined or jeopardized by these idiots who REFUSE to take the time to speak so they can be understood, then you go right ahead and be martyrs in this profession. As for me, I will cherry pick as I need to in order to preserve my sanity and pathetic income until I can finally retire from this sorrowful profession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)