Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I hate computers! - Old MT

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2016 - 11:39 am

I am a medical transcriptionist with 45+ years of experience.  I am NOT a computer expert, nor do I care to be.  Why is it that all these companies expect just that?  Companies used to have IT people who loaded their system, took care of problems, etc., and now we are expected to do it?  I have tried to apply to two different companies recently and their instructions on how to do so were so complicated and my frustration level was so high, I said the he-- with it and didn't even bother.  Even the systems we are supposed to use are so complicated that you have to be a computer expert in order to use them.  I need a job to supplement my Social Security income but I am beginning to think I can't do this job any more, not because I am not an excellent MT, but because I can't deal with all the computer garbage you are supposed to be an expert on.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)