Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Crashed - katem

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2016 - 11:06 am In Reply to: Acusis' IT guy totally crashed my PC. I ended - up having to buy a new one.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I've been fortunate with IT with the different companies I've worked for. Changing the settings to make your PC think it's working off a different operating system can be done by the user, IT doesn't have to get involved. I've had horrible experiences with computer repair people, though. I once had a computer with XP that had the black screen of death. The repairman was supposed to put XP back on it, but it came back with 7 and he refused to put it back to XP without more money (that might be the computer that the IT guy made it think it was XP). Another time on a different computer the motherboard supposedly had to be replaced and it was supposed to be ordered overnight (no computer, no money coming in). They ordered it 3-day delivery, then refused to give me my computer back without paying for the motherboard that was never put it. Took it to another trusted computer repair place in a town I had moved from 45 minutes away and all that was wrong was the power supply. Stupid computers, the bane of my existence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)