Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Getting a job in a hospital....best move I ever made! - Happy now

Posted: Jun 21st, 2016 - 11:00 pm

Like so many others on here, I wanted to work at home...and after more than 10 years of doing so, I was reluctant about having to go back to freeways, what i was going to wear everyday, and dealing with office politics.  However, once Nuance began stealing money from me with it's infamous grid system, I had no choice but to leave.  I got a job at a small local hospital.  They had tried outsourcing in the past and were unhappy with the quality of work, so decided to keep on a staff of in-house transcriptionists.  

My first week there, I was amazed.  I was actually treated like a human being again and not a number.  We are given a whole assortment of freebies that are unheard of at Nuance.  I feel like a valued employee.  The best part of all of this?  I'm being paid hourly now, at almost double what I was slaving away for at Nuance.  My only regret in all of this, is that I didn't jump ship sooner.  

My advice to all on here who are unhappy with Nuance is to do your research.  There are still good HOURLY jobs out there at a lot of smaller facilities who have no intention of outsourcing...and if not the smaller hospitals, a lot of the larger ones have an internal QA staff.    

Good luck to you all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)