Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

my ears hurt - what?

Posted: Jun 21st, 2016 - 10:31 pm

This is not a rant.  This is not a vent.  I just literally am not hearing well right now.  I have excellent hearing and my ears are still ringing from trying to listen to the last dictator, and hearing maybe 6 or 7 words out of the whole chart.  The audio quality is so bad, and he is so close to the microphone, and it echoes, and I've adjusted the audio over and over, louder, softer, faster, slower.  I can't hear what he is saying and my ears are still ringing.  I know it's bad enough in the OR, especially for ortho with the saws and the drills and the clanging in the background, but this is different.  I have been straining to hear this guy, and I'm so tired of trying harder than he is.  For a company who can't even advertise on this board because the cpl isn't high enough, and won't tell the doctors that they are unintelligible. And then having to pay tax on my $5/hr.  Almost 70 years old, 8 hours of work, 60 minutes of dictation for 500 lines and damaged hearing.  I give up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)