Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 30)

IC Thing - Taxes

Posted: Jun 21st, 2016 - 8:07 pm In Reply to: Why are you so tired of the IC thing? - I am tired of PT employee?

I love the flexibility, but the taxes can be a pain. You better pay every month and at least 20% of your earnings, otherwise you get nailed at the end of the year. Thankfully you have write offs with your home office, etc.

When I was talking to the recruiter before she dropped the Windows 10 bomb on me, that was going through my mind, do I reallllly want to be an employee with a schedule? I have a PT job as a cashier at a local store, so I take out extra taxes there and it is so nice to just have a job. The make up is the worst. If I log on (I do have a PT IC job as well as the cashier job) and there isn't any work and I don't want to work again that day, I don't. So it is a Catch 22 to say the least. You have to be careful though, some IC jobs aren't that flexible and some don't even pay, been there!

I am on my last nerve with transcription. What I have now is just enough, but could be a bit more and I should just make due with it and not bother with these other places, because each and every one of them is pure torture to work for and all the hoops you have to jump through.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)