Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

To Anon on We Had to Upgrade? - CMT/QA

Posted: Jun 21st, 2016 - 1:46 pm In Reply to: Maybe they should provide the computer then since we all had to upgrade. - anon

Hi, I just wondered what you meant that "We all had to upgrade" in regard to Windows 10? Did someone like an employer tell you that you had to upgrade? We know they have a free upgrade offered to everyone and I think that expires at the end of this month. I got the upgrade on my Windows 8.1, but it wiped out the media center and I can't even play a DVD. I have a SECOND computer that is Windows 7 Professional, which I use for work. What we need to do is keep a computer that is compatible with the current work requirements for our field, which is currently Windows 7, 8/8.1 mostly and if you look at the ads, many will say NOT compatible with Windows 10. It takes a lot of time and money to upgrade, but if you are using eScription, it is the eScription people that have to upgrade their software, not the company you work for. Hope this is helpful, but I still don't understand why you said "Since we had to uprgrade" in your response? Just because they offer a free upgrade does not mean you have to do it if it interferes with other needs, like work, right? I heard they will still support Windows 7 for 3 years, but not sure when that ends. I just hope the companies and transcription software people like eScription and Dictaphone all upgrade their software before that. Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 all have a media center included, but as I said, Windows 10 wiped mine out, so it is apparently not included. Thus, I will have to pay to have that replaced and I am NOT happy about that. Maybe it was a glitch just for me or it moved the file and locked it away and I need to find it, but I just don't know yet? So, be careful and best of luck to all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)