Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Working - Effielin

Posted: Jun 20th, 2016 - 7:23 pm In Reply to: Advice for Medical Transcriptionists - Me

I started doing QA a few months ago. In addition to the hourly rate I am paid to do QA, I work in the evening doing transcription. That is how I survive financially.

I am quick to point out errors to the MTs because the errors are what is going to get you FIRED. I don't know or care what your line count is, I care about the reports going out with no errors that are going to come back and bite me in the butt. Its also my job to find the errors. Telling you that you are fantastic is not in my job description.

And I have to say, working in QA I have been shocked at the poor quality work that comes across my desk. People claiming to have years of experience and yet they make up words, apparently don't know how to goggle a medication or the correct spelling of a bone and when I send them a correction tell me "Oh, that was a typo". We do 100% QA at my job on everybody and to be honest, there are about 4 out of 15 MTs that I think don't need 100% QA.

Having been on the other side with the MTs I do know the pressure that is put on them to pop out those lines. Those same pressures are put on the QA people. The bosses are not being paid for jobs that are waiting to be checked by QA. So lets give the QA people a bit of a break, okay?

And if you have read this post all the way to the end, you know that I am not sane.. I am just hanging on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)