Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

EHR in the News - Moi

Posted: Jun 20th, 2016 - 6:52 pm

I wonder how many patients will DIE because of EHR errors?  My status was "DNR" according to my chart because of an "accidental swipe" by the practitioner!! 

Check this out (apologies if this has been posted already; I just now saw it):  "Chief Nursing Officer Files Suit After Firing"

In an interview last week, AndRa said that “from day one” the system has been riddled with problems that frustrated and worried her and other hospital staff. She said that problems arose even after state inspectors signed off on the system prior to the hospital’s opening last fall.

“I went to Ray a week before my dismissal and I said ‘this is unsafe,’” AndRa said.

According to the lawsuit, the electronic medical records system “intermingled” patients’ records and information, had problems tracking and updating patient medications, and did not display “code status” information, which is used to inform doctors of medical interventions desired by patients in the event they stop breathing or experience cardiac arrest.

“The charts were intermingling,” AndRa said. “Mr. Jones’ drugs would pop over to Mrs. Smith’s chart.”

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/5732052-181/sonoma-west-medical-center-chief

LINK/URL: EHR in the News

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)