Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

The missing text is extremely frustrating - see my post below Anyone Else...

Posted: Jun 20th, 2016 - 4:59 pm In Reply to: Poor audio - Enterprise 5 - all smiles

If the ASR is not up to deciphering the speech to convert it to text, it should throw it back and it should be designated straight typing.

I have had several jobs lately - practically one a day in fact - whereby I type the report (some of them I leave lots of blanks and indicate to the facility QA it is poor audio, others I can get the entire report, only it takes me awhile - if I can figure it out why can't the dumb speech engine?) and then I have to log out and send an email naming the report ID and asking to be paid full price of straight typing, since the 3 sentences the speech engine spit out was but a fraction of the report.

I wonder if they have promised even more to the facilities now? Go ahead, dictate in your car, in a tunnel, under water, with your speaker phone on, we can do it!

I agree that it has been getting worse, but this nonsense of the ASR making a feeble attempt and still classifying it as editing rather than straight typing, meaning we have to actually request reclassification - are they hoping we will just ignore the double time it took us to complete the work and accept the half pay?

Oh, Nuance, why does it never surprise me the depths you will sink to to get that last dollar off me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)