Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I too have worked at home for 15 years...my kid is "new." - Not the same anymore

Posted: Jun 19th, 2016 - 9:05 pm In Reply to: Working at home with kids... - MT

This is not the same career as it was 15 years ago or heck, even 5 years ago. Before child, schedules were much more flexible where I am employed. After she came along, they did away with that and instituted time clocks and strict schedules with ultra-tight turnaround times and crazy high accuracy requirements to boot. I went from producing 2000 lines a day STRAIGHT TYPING to barely making the minimum required 1200, most days not even close, and nearly lost my job.

Family friendly line of work my butt. It is IMPOSSIBLE to succeed at this job without childcare (unless child is no longer dependent on you for anything). I have tried all shifts and find that if I work when the child sleeps, I am a zombie all day, do crap work, and 3 hours of sleep does not cut it mentally or physically.

This job no longer benefits the working mother at all unless you are working for pocket change and can find some where that is happy with just a few hours of work a day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)