Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 43)

Quality, pay, NJA insanity - Bottom line

Posted: Jun 17th, 2016 - 12:05 pm

At what point does MModal recognize that they have lowered wages to the point that it is the actual lower wages that are creating all their problems?!  Omg, I am not even talking about lowered morale and motivation.  This is not the equivalent of approaching a supervisor and asking for a cost of living increase.  What I'm talking about is the fact that they have lowered wages to the point we are forced to go too fast to make enough money to survive. 

If you want to make a living here, you have to go so fast, pure and simple, that your quality HAS to suffer.  That is what it is coming down to now.

For some of us, the accounts are so bad, even going that fast will not bring us much above the minimum productivity requirement.  Quality will suffer!!  And then throw NJA in the mix, and you have to go too fast when work does trickle in, to even justify staying employed here. 

They already figured out that at under 150 lph, we were falling below minimum wage.  So did they increase pay?!  No, they increased the lph requirement!!  Thus, requiring us to go even faster, right?  They spent loads of money trying to train us to speed up.  We all gamely went along with it, most of getting a bit faster.  Then they raised the quality requirement on the off chance that it was just a matter of us all being lazy, right?  Raise the requirement, force them to achieve.  Didn't work.  Because that was never the problem!!  We ALL want to turn out perfect reports.  In the US anyway, that is what we are trained to do!  And now?  They now spends loads of money on metrics they hope will speed us up and make us more productive.  And what has happened?

Quality has fallen.  Otherwise awesome MTs are failing audits.  It seems to be a problem across BOBs, based on my own and what I read here.  And why is that?  Do you need to fire them and hire new MTs who comply better?  Omg, NO.  NO.  NO.

The fact is, this pay rate is too low!  This company needs to pay enough that their MTs can slow down and focus and research and take the time they need to meet a higher quality requirement.  Most of us WANT to do spectacular work!  So, we've tried it this way.  We've all tried to go faster.  Many of us just barely meet productivity, some are over but failing audits, a percentage of lucky ones actually can do both, with great accounts, steadier work, or just a unique skill set to pull this off.  The average skilled MT needs higher pay and the ability to slow down a bit and still eke out a decent living.

That's where we are at, MModal.  I am trying to help you maintain and retain happy clients, nevermind happier MTs, which will be a side benefit.  You're welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)