Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Do yourself a favor - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Jun 16th, 2016 - 9:26 pm In Reply to: HELP- Trying to get into the MT field- work from home - Sierramerch

Find something else to learn, seriously. This profession is dying. It really just needs to be put out of its misery with a quick shot to the head. There is no money and most companies treat you like crap. Work is low to nonexistent and the production metrics are impossible to near impossible to meet. Been an MT for 10 years or so, and I am sure there are others that have responded that have been in longer than I have that will tell you the same thing. MTs are slowly but surely being replaced by scribes, front-end point and click or foreign counterparts. Sure there will be some jobs, but unless you like sitting in that computer chair for 12+ hours a day trying to get your hours and lines, then I would suggest you do something else.

Pick something that will allow you to have a career, not just a job and something that would give you a greater ability to take care of yourself and family. MT is a dead end. Go to school for something else that will allow you to have a life and not make a slave out of yourself.

Since you want to work from home, check out Rat Race Rebellion. They have a new list everyday of legitimate work at home jobs and have a lot of informative posts as well. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)