Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

RE: Need advice - PAMTtoo

Posted: Jun 15th, 2016 - 4:16 pm In Reply to: Sounds like you want to cherrypick to me. - nm

As an IC they technically cannot dictate your hours. What I have done in the past is "ballparked" my schedule by saying "I can give you four hours between say 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. This allows for any unexpected work stoppages such as doctor appointments, etc.

If you find you are getting your fair share of the good with bad as opposed to all of the "crap" that no one wants to type at a certain time during the day, I would "ball park" my time to your employer during that time frame. I also would try to avoid Instant Messenger if you can. I had to tell a company one time that I could not be on IM because I was constantly getting IMd and could not get my work done. I told them that I have my E-mail up at all times and to E-mail me if they need me. When they would E-mail me, I immediately followed up with their E-mail, and that worked out nicely for both of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)