Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think you are looking at this wrong... - You are paying 576$ yearly in premiums..

Posted: Jun 15th, 2016 - 12:43 pm In Reply to: I know that. But if I go to the doctor for anything, THAT is how much - I have to pay for a deductible SM

but you don't have to pay 6,000 in deductible if you don't have to go to the doctor or if you only go a couple of times. Don't average that 6,000 out monthly. I have had Obamacare for 3? years and have only paid out (besides my premiums) probably less than 1,000$. I am the poster above with the long post on how to save money on health care costs.

Think of it like car insurance. You probably pay out more than 48$ a month on car insurance and really don't get anything for it EXCEPT if you cause an accident. THEN you are darned glad you have car insurance, especially with everybody so sue happy nowdays.

Or maybe I am not seeing your situation correctly...maybe you have a chronic health condition and you are sure you will spend 6,000$ a year going to the doctor, etc. But, keep in mind what I said about discounts. Your 6,000 out of pocket might be 3,000 or less after discounts depending on your income. If your income is low enough, you can even get free care from the hospitals. Clinics don't always give discounts but be sure to check with them.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)