Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Scam - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Jun 15th, 2016 - 2:08 am In Reply to: Health insurance is more than my mortgage. - THAT is messed up!!

Of course its a scam. The whole purpose was for the insurance companies to not have to pay anything until the deductible was met, but yet we have to carry health insurance lest we pay the fee come tax time. Why do you think there is a big fuss to overturn it? It may be that we can pay the premiums every month, but we cannot afford to use it. I am still paying on medical bills from nearly 3 years ago. How is it fair that I got stuck with over $700 for a diagnostic mammo when insurance only paid $115? What's the point of insurance? Co-pays were way better instead of a huge deductible before coverage.

One option you do have is to negotiate with care providers about their services, asking for cash price instead of insurance price. Some even have charity care or write off significant portions of their bills for someone in your situation. Just putting that out. Certainly understand the frustration on the tiny bit we are paid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)