Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If you have a co-pay at the doctor's office - btdt

Posted: Jun 14th, 2016 - 8:08 am In Reply to: I have exhausted every avenue. I am an IC MT, I make too much - money even after I pay my taxes SM

then that is all you pay for that visit, UNLESS your plan doesn't pay for lab work or cardiograms performed at the office visit. Most plans pay 50% of lab costs and some pay 100% if the labs are done in-office. Co-pays are not deductibles. Your doctor will bill insurance, for instance, $280, but will only get your copay ($15, 30, 60?) and whatever contract price s/he agreed to. Your deductible does not come into play here.

If you cancel your insurance, you will pay the full price - $280 - for the office visit. A trip to the ER might cost you $10k, which is what my H was billed for what turned out to be indigestion. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)