Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 40)

I mentioned this in an earlier post - sm

Posted: Jun 14th, 2016 - 6:36 am In Reply to: Is anyone else caught between the rock and the hard place - as far as O-care, to pay or not to pay? sm

I was talking to a friend last week whose husband had undergone multiple surgeries (5, I believe), all quite serious and with complications. When I delicately asked her if they were overwhelmed with medical bills, she said they had all been "forgiven" by the hospitals and surgeons because they had no insurance and declared that they were "medically indigent." As Nick commented, this probably has to be substantiated before a judge, but I personally know that this person has many, many assets, including property. She is in no way indigent, yet she IS "medically indigent." I was kind of angry about this, but it must be considered a valid argument. Nick also said that these things are defined state by state. I'm confused about the whole matter, frankly.

Edited: Let me add that I know my friend wouldn't lie as a matter of personal principle, but especially not in a courtroom, so perhaps they considered her assets untouchable for some reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)