Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Enterprise 5 and sound quality - all smiles

Posted: May 23rd, 2016 - 7:34 pm

Fellow MLS on Enterprise 5,

Over the last few months there has been increasingly bad audio quality consisting of

1) Too faint to hear some (but not all) of the dictation.

2) Hiss, buzz, hum, crackle louder than the dictation - again not always and not particular to a given account.

3) Dictators whose voice is so unbelievably gravely that it is near impossible to understand them.

4) Background speech, beeps, alarms, machines so loud it is hard to understand some of the dictation, particularly background laughing, talking from staff.

5) And of course the ever annoying hanging up while dictating the xxxxxx. If you get my drift, the last few words are said after the hangup.

What do you do in these cases?

I have a very high-end sound card in my machine with 16 band Equalizer to pull down the frequency where the hiss and hum is to try to understand, but now the hiss/hum is across the frequencies, so that no longer helps.

Are you all sending for poor audio or just resigning yourself to a high IQA percentage?

Regarding the hiss/hum/buzz, many times it is no longer there when I go into versions and listen to the audio post-delivery, so I don't get that at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)