Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

NUANCE WINS AS THE WORST, IMHO - MT

Posted: May 22nd, 2016 - 4:00 pm In Reply to: I have worked for both and Nuance is worse. - anon

I've worked at both MModal (Medquist) and Nuance (also when it was Focus Infomatics). It actually seemed a bit better (just a bit) when our supervisors were Indians. However, from day one, an account would suddenly disappear to India without prior notice to MTs. I stayed through the development and offshoring of 8 accounts before I finally quit. I also recall when we went from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and were given 1 day's notice that we had to provide that software for ourselves. I believe Nuance has become more ruthless as time has gone on. I'm amazed at what they manage to get away with. I did "sign up" a few years ago with a law firm that was considering a class action lawsuit, but eventually dropped the idea for some unknown reason (unknown to me, that is).

I was watching a movie in which a line went something like this, "If all soldiers would put down their guns, there would be no war." It made me think of MTSOs. If all MTs would turn off their computers, there would be no medical transcription. Of course, there's always India, the Phillipines, and others. So, this theory might work in the case of war, but not with medical transcription. That's worse than sad. We've put ourselves at their mercy. They know we need the jobs, so they will keep on taking advantage of us. Nuance and MModal may be the worst, but they are not the only ones playing this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)