Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

answer for - blooming

Posted: May 21st, 2016 - 8:00 pm In Reply to: hey me too - blooming

First of all, I was a health & disability insurance adjuster for 18 years prior to being in transcription for 20 and made equally good pay (until N). I made several different resumes, one for MT, one for general office, one for administrative, and one for customer service, building up my skills and attributes differently on each one.

There are still in-house pathology transcription jobs that pay very well. I've only had 2 years pathology trans experience and it is harder than regular MT but "like riding a bike..." so have tried for a couple of those, no decision made yet on 2 of them.

I have noticed some of these jobs listed don't actually get filled for a couple months so it can be a waiting game; that's okay by me, I want the summer off!

I have a few out now for administrative assistant, 1 front office coordinator (interview on Mon for that), benefits consultant, benefits coordinator, customer service rep, etc; I cannot remember all of them. Also I applied at Costco just the other day, know someone who works there said they are looking for office people in my area - they have wonderful benefits and most jobs pay $17/hr or more.

You have to write down every single skill and use it to your advantage. Having worked in an office, which most of us old-timer MTs have - is a big plus because you know all the office machinery, phones, fax, etc.

So that's where I am now. It helps to have a Career Advisor and Recruiter - free through the UI office - but of course veterans always get first choice.

Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)