Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

Some Don't Care - Twinsmom25

Posted: May 19th, 2016 - 6:18 pm In Reply to: They don't know what they aren't told - MT

Some are told and just don't care. They bring in the big dollars, and upper management cares more about the dollars than the documentation. Some do it because they resent having to use an MTSO. Some are just in a hurry to go home because they've been at the hospital all night and then have had to see patients all day and deal with being on-call. Some triple-book every appointment slot and don't want to spend the time dictating when they could be seeing patients. I know this from experience. I'm an account rep at our facility and might as well have my office in one doctor's area because I am over there all the time telling him to slow down, speak up, stop shuffling papers, give the patient's name, give the patient's ID numbers, etc. etc. Trust me, the account reps and people who work with these docs every day are just as frustrated as the MTs are! I've had MTs leave job notes saying "If someone would just tell this doctor to speak slower...." Honey, I know. I did his work for 20 years before you got him, and it's 100x better for you than it ever was for me. I know he's a pain. He's been told by people higher in the food chain than me that he's a pain. And he will continue to be a pain. I'm sorry. I really am.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)