Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

nursing school teachings - JuneBugMTMS

Posted: May 19th, 2016 - 3:43 pm In Reply to: This is what I had to do in the early 60s in nursing school - anonie

Those as God teachings continued through 1980, when I graduated from a 33-month diploma nursing program, and 1981, when my husband graduated from an associate degree nursing program. Unfortunately, doctors who were residents at the time were taught to expect it and haven't stop practicing yet. They hire newer doctors to work in their practices and teach them to expect the treatment. The work in hospitals with doctors who see them model the behavior. It is a vicious cycle that needs to be stopped somehow.

Medical schools need to have a course in dictation named, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T...find out what it means to your transcriptionist." The course also needs to teach that ASR makes up and puts in words for any sounds made, all the disgusting ones included! If you wouldn't say it or make it on the phone to your mother or grandmother, DON'T DO IT WITH ME, or at least apologize when you do! Thanks for the opportunity to address, vent, and rant! Happy MT Week to the most deserving folks in the business!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)