Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A Word on Behalf of the Doctors - I Like Doctors

Posted: May 18th, 2016 - 7:43 pm In Reply to: Dear Doctors/MT week/Venting - R2

I really don't think the doctors know any of this. I have worked in transcription long enough to remember when you could walk right up to a doctor and ask him to change something. I have NEVER had a doctor refuse a request. If someone asked him to dictate in a certain order, I'm sure he would. The problem is that's what transcription supervisors and team leads used to do. Now it's all about production. I think since the provider is a client the MTSOs don't like to reach out to them that much. For my personal clients, I'm pretty bold about asking them to dictate in a certain way, i.e., I can't tell the difference between when you say 15 and 50, can you dictate ABduct and ADduct, stuff like that. If this is always the same dictator who dictates out of order, would it be just horrible if you took the initiative and contacted the physician?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)