Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You hit the nail on the head, but from the other end... - MT

Posted: May 18th, 2016 - 12:40 pm In Reply to: Dear Doctors/MT week/Venting - R2

You got it right. The doctors (including whatever "intelligent professionals" are dictating), are treated like Gods. They are not taught. I'll bet they don't even know for sure what the client template looks like or that it even matters the order in which they dictate. The dictation of NECK in the HEENT section seems to be a universal error. I've experienced this at every MTSO I've worked. I wonder if anyone at those facilities has ever bothered to correct the dictators. No, likely not. After all, they are Gods, and as such, they must be allowed to make their own rules. I'm not sure when or how this happened, but it seems, sometime within the last 100 years, doctors became Gods. Now, they cannot be taught. WE must accept whatever they do and work around it if the facility wants something different. I worked in one hospital. There was a thick document written by the transcription manager for the transcriptionists to follow with regards to details about the routine foibles of each dictating clinician along with instructions on how to deal with their dictation "errors." Never would she actually teach the dictators to do it right. Oh, no, they were Gods and their pedestals were much too high for her to reach...I'm disgusted at the whole setup. These dictators are humans, not Gods, and should be required to comply with the program in the same way that we are. They should be REQUIRED to be respectful, and if they don't understand what dictation etiquette is, then they should be required to learn, take a class and be tested. Then, they should be QA'd on a point system on a frequent basis with regards to their dictation quality, with 97.99% being failure. If hospital employees, pay would be docked. Otherwise, if simply an outside physician with inpatient privileges, they could lose dictation privileges if dictation quality is not acceptable. If unable to improve within 30 days, they would be required to make other arrangements such as hiring an assistant who can speak clearly, follow the correct format, and overall do a better job. General sloppiness should never be accepted, not even from the Gods of Medicine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)