Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 43)

Reasons for OOW and new hires. - Must understand your role at this company.

Posted: May 17th, 2016 - 8:33 pm

Although you are MTs and you hired on to do MT work, your primary purpose with this company is training software to unemploy yourselves. Please read on (repeat information for some). 

MTs typing or editing reports is not how Nuance makes the bulk of their money. In fact, MTs are only an unfortunate necessity (temporarily) until the new software is refined sufficiently that you are no longer needed. 

You see, Nuance develops sophisticated software that has to go through months of fine tuning for each provider for every hospital or clinic facility converting over to Epic (front-end voice rec) software. Your job is to type the reports that help to "train" the voice recognition software for that particular provider. Nuance bought many of you from facilities and kept you on staff because they needed you until they could get their new software fully functional at the facility. Or, if you were hired and placed on certain accounts, it is because those accounts are still in the process of transitioning over to Epic. You will NEVER be placed on accounts for any real length of time, because once voice rec is sufficiently trained to the provider, you are no longer needed on that account except for the very hardest, most difficult to understand providers, but eventually even those are outsourced to yet another (even cheaper) workforce in India. 

MTs are like the last miners in the last vein of coal on the planet. Not only are Nuance MTs training your very replacements (voice rec technology), what little bit that is left over after the software conversions gets offshored as soon as possible. 

THIS is why you keep running low on work. To keep up this ruse, Nuance keeps a constantly revolving door of new hires, people leaving when they catch onto this, new hires, people leaving fairly quickly, etc. There are a few people who have stuck it out, but they have had to train on new accounts and/or whole new platforms many times to stay employed. 

The company cannot, of course, and will not ever admit this to anyone, else all new hires would go elsewhere. And remember, they need a steady stream of unsuspecting MTs to sign on and type/train software for them, so in addition to the decrease in work due to offshoring, sometimes there are just too many people on an account also. Expect to be asked to go to another shift, add a new account(s), and learn new platforms FAIRLY REGULARLY, and you will get along just fine. 

I hope this helps someone. I wish someone had told me the truth. Just hiring on with another company is not likely to help your situation for very long, either, because it is the goal of Nuance and the other large medical software vendors to install front-end voice rec and point-and-click systems in every facility in the US and abroad. 

I wish you all the best and encourage you as soon as possible to begin training for another line of work. You should have no problem obtaining unemployment when you claim loss of livelihood due to offshoring and new technology. 

Wish I could be more encouraging, but this is the god's honest truth of it. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)