Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

somebody hitting the panic button! - having multiple computers

Posted: May 13th, 2016 - 5:26 pm In Reply to: Windows 10 Upgrade Deadline 11 weeks away - Veteran MT

I have three computers. I've had old trusty, my XP computer for 6 years. A random company here and there will still hire with an XP system.

I have a Wins10 laptop. I have been using it with Emdat Inscribe for months. Just so you know, Nuance (who now owns Emdat) is pushing for using Inscribe v6 in the Win 10 environment. More will surely follow.

I just bought a little laptop with Win 7 and Office 2007 on it in case I might need it in the future. I bought this one for $90 from someone on Craigslist. He worked for 40 years with computers and fixes up computers to make a little money in his retirement.

It did not cost me an arm and a leg to get three computers. The XP is 6 years old and paid for itself a long time ago. The Win 10 computer was only $300 new from Amazon. The refurbished Win 7 was only $90. Because I did not buy them all at the same time, it did not break the bank. I am also now mobile enough to work with any employer/platform.

I sincerely doubt you are going to pay through the nose, or pay an arm and a leg, to get a Win 10 computer after the Windows sky has fallen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)