Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Yes. - dnr

Posted: May 1st, 2016 - 5:43 pm In Reply to: Just curious has anyone ever - so sick of ASR

I sent copies of sentences containing typical (and repetitive!) errors along with what the doctor had actually said.

I also let the TSM know in no uncertain terms just how much this affected my lph, which I was not meeting due to the numerous ASR errors and corrections needed. I also informed her of the fact that there were other accounts out of my pod that I had encountered which had perfect to near perfect ASR output, some including totally formatted reports despite the CP being rather complicated!

TSM did not acknowledge the email, but while on PM, the PC did read and acknowledge the problems with ASR (I had cc'd a copy to her). Unfortunately, I was told there was nothing she could do about it (which is true), but I still had to meet the minimum lph.

I also had problems with "quality" with the horrible ASR, typically with 1 or 2 doubled words or phrases left in. The greater the number of corrections, the more likely I was to miss something, especially as I have a neurological problem which causes my eyes to lose track of the line of text, and I didn't always find the exact same spot. The reports that I straight typed always had 100% accuracy scores.

Due to a lot of NJA, I was moved to another pod, and suddenly (!) with much better ASR output, I was making my line count easily, producing over 50 lph than I had been able to achieve with the bad ASR. Plus, my QA is now 100% or near 100%.

It is all totally unfair. I also think IT really needs to have a pressure to perform as they have done such a bad job. Heck, truth be told, any software programmer will tell you ASR is not ready for prime time. IT really needs a cut in pay and we need an increase in pay to make up for their incompetence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)