Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

First of all - sm - anon

Posted: Apr 30th, 2016 - 4:05 pm In Reply to: Could the "new and exciting" method of PTO - be N way of getting out of paying

The PTO is now awarded quarterly. You get it at the beginning of the quarter so they are not trying to keep what you have earned, you just get it in a lump.

Awarding it quarterly has nothing to do with keeping you from getting PTO when you quit and the reason is they stated very baldly that PTO will not be paid out upon termination unless one lives in a state that requires it.

Overall, the program is a mixed bag. There will be some who benefit from getting the PTO in a lump amount like that. Some it will not benefit. One good thing is the ability to cash out your PTO twice a year which is balanced out by the bad notion of not being able to carry any over from year to year.

If someone lives in a state that does not require them to pay it out, they can call in "sick" until the PTO runs out and then quit which will still leave the company in a lurch. In my opinion, there are very few companies that want to do right by their employees (this is within transcription and outside of it) and it is up to me to figure out how to use the circumstances in the best way possible to benefit me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)