Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Well, approximately 6 months ago I was told - age on demographics at time of transcribing

Posted: Apr 30th, 2016 - 11:51 am In Reply to: age at time of visit - all smiles

Was what we should use.

I know it's incorrect in the demographics when the admission was months ago, but that is what I was told to put, no matter what, and that is what I have been putting, getting no errors for age since then, so I thought I finally got the definitive answer.

Obviously, if the person is dead and they have had a birthday since, I would disregard that age in the demographics.

This is a really big issue if they are going to start marking off on this and they really need to solidify this in print in the transcription guidelines and/or every single spec and clarify.

The inner OCD in me really resents the lack of clarity here, and I know from now on I will be wondering what to do every time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)