Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Old Anon - Nick

Posted: Apr 27th, 2016 - 9:16 pm In Reply to: Nick, another thing is...SM - Old Anon

You are 100% right. I have thought that for a long time but did not want to put it on here for fear that I would look/sound sexist. I do not think for one minute that if all of the MTs were guys in (male) corporate drag like at the law firm(s), they would be treated that way. It is a sad but true fact. I have several friends who are people of color and they tell me that even though people never come right out and state their prejudices, they can nonetheless sometimes feel them. I think the same thing goes for sexism, ageism, disability bias, etc. It is all just so very, very wrong. My personal view is that the MT world is starting to speed up on its implosion. Maybe I am wrong (I hope I am). Today I did bankruptcy law all day (and it is fascinating) and I thought of how many MTs I know who have been forced into BK not because they did anything wrong or were profligate in their spending, but just because they got eaten by the NJA monster. One of them is a single mother. Maybe I am wandering off track here, but I believe in karma or whatever you want to call it. I do believe that eventually all of this is going to come back and bite the MTSOs right where it will do them some good. Problem is, it will be too late for many. I urge all MTs who are mistreated, misclassified, made to wait for work, asked to falsify time sheets, etc., to confront whoever is doing the asking, and document, document, document! The MQ class action of 2004 was not successful, but that is not to say that future class actions will not be. And, BTW, I have heard that the DOL is mighty interested in the misclassification problem, as is the IRS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)