Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

document, document, document - susan

Posted: Apr 26th, 2016 - 2:38 pm In Reply to: How do you handle a defensive MT? - MT-SV

keep an open text file on your computer and document exchanges ... like a short-hand diary.

When I worked in house there were minor errors (typos) and more serious errors (wrong dates of service) -- Serious errors got a chron note... Too many serious errors per quarter got an official permanent record "chron note" ... with an acknowledgement by employee and an "action plan" where the employee agreed to a course of corrective action -- "I will double check" "I will proof read" ... signed and dated ...

In reality you're dealing with a bad-attitude and she can either get serious about keeping her job or lose it (she may well quit in anger at being monitored). Talk to your manager or vice president or HR department, these things are usually spelled out (to ensure uniformity and avoid claimed of unfair treatment or "harassment" )
Good luck -- exhausting and depressing -- I've been there ...
oh, and make her correct every one of her errors ... if she's working on any kind of production at all, that should sting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)