Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Firing - Still here

Posted: Apr 25th, 2016 - 9:00 pm In Reply to: I would certainly begin the firing process - OldMT

These days, a manager needs a very good reason to fire an employee, and I don't think that what you describe warrants termination. And, I actually see her point in regard to transcribing the report verbatim, but yes it should have been flagged. There are ways to deal with this before you fire her: Schedule an intervention with HR, put her on probation and tell her she has months to clean up her act or she's gone. Send her to an employee assistance program or one-on-one counseling. It kind of sounds like a personality thing and that the 2 of you clash for some reason. For managers, this kind of thing goes with the territory, problem employees are everywhere. I have to question a manager's judgment who asks for advice from strangers on a messsge board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)