Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I would certainly begin the firing process - OldMT

Posted: Apr 25th, 2016 - 8:19 pm In Reply to: How do you handle a defensive MT? - MT-SV

It sounds like you've been more than patient with this lady and have tried to do the right thing and given her plenty of chances. I'm really shocked at her attitude. It sounds like the quality of her work cannot be trusted (wonder how many reports she's already typed incorrectly?), and she does not seem willing to learn or change. I would say she IS insubordinate, not bordering on it.
Documentation is important, especially of any specific discipline or instruction she has received and to which she has put her signature, showing it's been presented to her but she has not been following it.
Another suggestion might be for you to have a chat with the HR manager about your intentions, to see if he/she can provide any further advice and make sure you have all your ducks in a row, that you've done everything properly from an HR standpoint; then they can back you up when you fire her because they've been part of the process. As well, if you needed "witnesses," it looks like the radiology supervisor, and perhaps others, could provide some corroboration about her work too, if it became necessary. Then the employee couldn't make the case that you were "picking on" her or "never liked" her, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)